Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cleaning The Table before Moshiach

[HT: Yaak]
“HaKadosh Baruch Hu” is closing cheshbonos” stated HaGaon HaRav Chaim Kanievsky Shlita in regard to the difficult events that have taken place of late, Kikar Shabbat reports.

A number of askanim met with the Rav on Thursday afternoon [13 Cheshvan] in his home, including Rabbi Chananya Chulik of Ezer Mizion. Rabbi Chulik mentioned the recent tragedies that have befallen the chareidi community, including the passing of roshei yeshiva and how many are trying to understand what is taking place. 

“What is going on of late? Why the tragedies – what should we do and how does one respond?”

At first, Rav Kanievsky referred him to HaRosh Yeshiva HaGaon HaRav Aaron Leib Shteinman Shlita, telling him to ask Rav Shteinman on what should we focus and in what areas we should  strengthen ourselves.

Rabbi Chulik then stated that on motzei Shabbos he is supposed to address the shloshim kinos for women in Bnei Brak and he needs to know what to say to the thousands women who are seeking a chizuk.

בעקבתא דמשיחא” stated the Gadol Hador, that Moshiach is on his way and “Hashem is closing cheshbonos”, Kikar quotes the Gadol HaDor as saying.

Rabbi Chulik:Is Moshiach arriving soon?

Rav Kanievsky: This is what we believe and expect. Perhaps this is the time. In the past there were prophets who could tell us about the future, and why there is suffering and troubles, but today we have no explanation.

And in his address on motzei Shabbos to thousands of women, Rabbi Chulik explained “Hashem is closing cheshbonos and is cleaning the table ahead of Moshiach and compelling us towards tshuva”.

Source: YWN

9 comments:

Dov Bar-Leib said...

Teshuvah be'yirah. Teshuvah b'ahavah is becoming much more difficult as the Cheshbonot become more and more stark.

Anonymous said...

With all due respect to Ezer Mitzion,
I suffer at all hours of the day and night and can not lie down in a bed
for the past 16 months they are guilty of , יעצנו רע, their medical adviser told me it is just a matter of time until I become paralyzed and that I must have an operation on my spine , they recommended a specific surgeon who operated on me in a 3 and one half hour operation the surgeon took out the wrong disc from the middle of my back entering by way of Thorcatomy and I have adhesion and other problems in my lung as well, I know this is from heaven and not intentially done but they need to be put in check as their medical adviser did not want to hear from me when I told him what happened when he got back to me after recieving a message I had left for him with his secretary his words were " and this is urgent " as I requested that he get back to me urgently . This is not לשון הרע , It is a warning to the ציבור not to place blind faith with Ezer Mitzion or others when it comes to having surgery . I have never posted in a public forum until today about by experience with Ezer Mitzion , I know they do wonderful work but when it comes to deciding on having or not having an operation they are 100% not the last word and ברור השם as of now I am not paralyzed . Devorah I usually post here anonymously but it's your site if you have any problem with this post I understand but please consider all the pain I suffer after takink Ezer Mitzions advice .

Devorah said...

I wish you a refuah shleimah.

Anonymous said...

Thank you !

Elisha Shmuel said...

Dov Bar-Leib my kindly be informed that 'Teshuvah be'yirah' is more easily available to a Jew than 'Teshuvah b'ahavah' which is reserved to a few of the 'saddikim' only and it is considered to be available to those at a very high level of spirituality. It is not advisable to wait till 'Teshuvah b'ahavah' comes to a man. The first step is 'Teshuvah be'yirah' and much later 'Teshuvah b'ahavah' will follow if at all! This is an opinion of the 'rabbanim'.

Dov Bar-Leib said...

Yes, Elisha Shmuel, I heartily agree. In the area of human decency especially, please do teshuvah b'Yirah now. Don't wait for the urge that may never come to do it b'ahavah. The exception to all this may be Male homosexuality and incest between consenting adults who claim that they are not hurting anyone (excluding themselves whom they are hurting). Because of what they claim to be their natures, 99% of male homosexuals will never do teshuvah b'yirah. Their only hope is teshuvah b'ahavah. Where do we see this? We see this in the choice for the Torah reading for Mincha on Yom Kippur when the gates for teshuvah b'ahavah are open wider than they are at any other time of the year. The closer to Ne'ilah we are the more auspicious the time it is to do teshuvah b'ahavah. Notice what we read: You shall not lie with a man as one lies with a woman, for it is an abomination! For these Arayot sins between consenting adults, only teshuvah b'ahavah is possible, under most circumstances.

Dov Bar-Leib said...

And a refuah shleimah to Anon.

Anonymous said...

רבי יוסי בן אלישע אומר אם ראית דור שצרות רבות באות עליו צא ובדוק בדייני ישראל שכל פורענות שבאה לעולם לא באה אלא בשביל דייני ישראל שנאמר שמעו נא זאת ראשי בית יעקב וקציני בית ישראל המתעבים משפט ואת כל הישרה יעקשו בונה ציון בדמים וירושלים בעולה ראשיה בשוחד ישפוטו וכהניה במחיר יורו ונביאיה בכסף יקסומו ועל ה' ישענו" וגו' .. שבת קל"ט.

Anonymous said...

anonymous, i am so sorry to hear about your illness. i have had my bouts of illness and about 9 operations during my 60 years. during the first two there was no internet in my country, but for the rest since 1995, orthodox rabbis prayed and guided me. they always told me to go to the best doctor i can afford and then pray for healing via the doctor. i have never heard of ezer mitzion, so i did a google and sadly its forbidden for us. i cant enter it.
i have spinal stenosis too, the last three discs of my spine and i have to watch my weight. doctors want me to lose another atleast 15 lbs. as i am allergic to many medications and foods.
esp citrus fruits. my rabbis helped me thro all my problems, and gave me special prayers to say. and some in hebrew. doctors are stunned my IgA nephritis is under control. its the second after lupos. dont worry. you feel you took wrong advice. you cant believe the mistakes doctors too make. we can only put our trust in Hashem and He can turn this around for you. you will be in my prayers.